HEAVY DUTY MECHANIC - ABITIBI - 14/14-7-7-21/21
Job opportunity in Abitibi
Permanent position of heavy duty mechanic on rotation 14/14 - 7/7 - 21/21
Reference : VD21-0503
Under the supervision of the Mechanic Foreman, the Mechanic performs maintenance and repairs on construction equipment, heavy trucks and mobile equipment for various clients. The Mechanic performs various repairs on mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical equipment. He proposes modifications to improve the reliability of the equipment. He performs impeccable, safe and high quality work aiming at the customer's complete satisfaction.
- Respect safety standards at all times;
- Ensure preventive maintenance on all equipment;
- Determine the nature of defects and failures in order to determine the extent of repairs to be made;
- Carry out a complete repair report and find the cause of failure for each problem encountered;
- Adjust, repair and/or replace defective parts;
- Test the repaired equipment to ensure that it works and that the repairs meet ACE's requirements;
- Clean and lubricate equipment and perform other routine maintenance;
- Meet established deadlines to complete repairs;
- Notify immediate supervisor and/or customer of all required repairs to units;
- When work is completed, sign work order, credit unused parts and assemble all required documentation (outside purchases, etc.) and forward to supervisor for billing processing;
- Verify the operation of the equipment;
- Ensure the maintenance of accessories and work tools;
- Read plans, diagrams and schematics to determine how to proceed;
- Any other related duties.
Job Requirements :
- Hold a DEP in heavy duty mechanics or any other equivalent training, relevant experience in heavy duty mechanics can replace the academic requirement;
- Have a minimum of 5 to 10 years experience in heavy duty mechanics;
- Have advanced technology skills (diagnostics/laptop search);
- Hold a valid Quebec driver's license with no conditions or restrictions;
- Hold a valid general explosives permit;
- Have a good customer approach and be able to work in a team;
- Be meticulous, autonomous and have the ability to work under pressure;
- Have a good sense of initiative;
- The CCQ card, the ASP Construction and the modular training of the mining worker (FMTM) are considered as assets.
- 14 day work schedule followed by 14 days off, 12 hour work day, variable day and night rotation;
- Possibility of an alternative schedule (7/7-21/21-etc.), to be discussed;
- Tools and work equipment fully provided;
- Overtime (time and a half) after 40 hours of work per week;
- Lodging provided at all times (on isolated jobsite food is also provided);
- Mileage reimbursement to cover travel expenses in Abitibi;
- Full range of group insurance, 50% paid by the employer;
- RRSP program available upon hiring, the employer contributes after one year of service;
- Internal training and coaching;
- Daily challenges, short, medium and long term career development opportunities according to the employee's ambitions.
By joining our team, you will take up career challenges that match your ambitions. Send your application, specifying the job title and reference number, via the form or by email to the Human Resources Department at the following address: [email protected]
The masculine gender is used for the sole purpose of lightening the text.