LIGHT DUTY MECHANIC - FLY-IN/FLY-OUT
Permanent position of mechanic on rotation 14/14
Reference : N21-0113
Under the supervision of the mining company and on-site supervisors, light truck mechanics perform maintenance and repairs on mobile equipment. The mechanic looks for the root cause of problems by performing diagnostics. He performs various repairs on mechanical equipment. He proposes modifications to improve the reliability of mobile light equipment, mainly on Ford trucks. He performs impeccable, safe and superior quality work aimed at complete customer satisfaction.
Key Responsibilities :
- Respect safety standards at all times;
- Ensure preventive maintenance on all equipment;
- Verify the operation of the equipment;
- Determine the nature of defects and failures in order to determine the extent of repairs to be made;
- Install, adjust, disassemble and move parts, in compliance with standards, using manual and electric tools;
- Tests repaired equipment to ensure proper operation and conformance with repairs;
- Clean and lubricate equipment and perform other routine maintenance;
- Maintains work tools and attachments;
- Diagnose and perform inspections;
- Reads blueprints, diagrams and schematics to determine how to proceed;
- All other related duties.
Job Requirements :
- Hold a DVS in automotive mechanics or any other equivalent training, relevant experience in construction equipment mechanics may substitute for the academic requirement;
- Be bilingual (French and English);
- Have a minimum of 5 years experience in mechanics on light trucks;
- Relevant experience in mechanics on Ford trucks is considered an asset;
- Hold a valid driver's license in Canada;
- Possess a valid general explosives license;
- Have a flawless customer approach;
- Enjoy working in a team environment;
- Meticulous, autonomous and able to work under pressure;
- The CCQ card, the ASP Construction, the Modular Mining Worker Training (MMWT) and the WHMIS certification are considered assets.
- Work schedule of 14 working days followed by 14 days off, 12 hours of work per day;
- Nordic Bonus;
- Salary according to experience, between $96,000.00 and $120,000.00 per year, including the Nordic Bonus and the rate and a half;
- Overtime (rate and a half) after 40 hours of work per week;
- Hotel room paid by the company for travel to the airport;
- Lodging and food provided;
- Reimbursement of mileage to pay for travel to the airport, you must be able to travel to the Mirabel or Val-d'Or airport on your own;
- Tools and work equipment fully provided;
- Full range of group insurance;
- RRSP program available upon hiring;
- Internal training and coaching;
- Coaching in a team of more than 100 mobile mechanics.
By joining our team, you will take up career challenges that match your ambitions. Send your application, specifying the job title and reference number, via the form or by e-mail to the Human Resources Department at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The masculine gender is used for the sole purpose of lightening the text.